The State Government have decided to issue a policy for the development of wind energy. The policy shall prevail over the general policy declared for promoting generation of power through non-conventional energy sources issued in the year 2002.
This policy will be known as "Wind Energy Policy" and it shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Gazette of the Government of Chhattisgarh and remain in force until further revision. The main points of the policy are as follows: -
- Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) will be the nodal agency for the wind power development in the State, under the Department of Energy. CREDA shall carry out the wind monitoring for the identification of wind power potential in the State. Participation of private sector shall also be encouraged. Any renowned wind energy consulting firm or manufacturer of wind energy generators-which is enlisted with the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Government of India and is interested in wind energy prospecting-may be permitted to conduct wind monitoring. No two prospectors shall be allowed to conduct studies within 50 Km apart. The allotted firm shall carry out the monitoring for at least 24 consecutive months and shall have its data verified by the institution recommended by the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources for the purpose. After receiving the verified and certified, 'monitored data' the site will be declared as an "eligible site".
- The wind energy developer will be selected on the basis of an open tender for the installation of wind energy generators at "eligible site" identified by CREDA. Such developer will be given the land use right for the installation of generator of the land within 25 Km radius of "eligible site". If any private developer identifies an "eligible site", then first right for installation of the generator will be given to that developer for the land within 10 Km radius of "eligible site".
- Grid interfacing and maintenance will be undertaken by the developer as per the specifications of the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board at their own expenses. However should the developer so desire, the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board could undertake these works, on payment of charges to be decided by it.
- State Government or its nominated agency shall have the first right to purchase the electrical energy generated by the wind energy generator at the rate decided by Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission. In the case of non-purchase of the power by the State Government or its nominated agency, developer will be at liberty to sale the power to a third party.
- Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board will undertake to transmit on its grid the power generated by the eligible developer and make it available to him for captive use or to the third party nominated by him (developer), at the charges determined by the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission, irrespective of the distance from the generating station.
- The land use permission for the land owned by the Government will be given to the developer for 30 years or period of project which- ever is earlier. The government land required for such project shall be allotted to the selected developer in accordance with the requirement conveyed by the Energy department to the Revenue department.
- If private land is required for the implementation of power projects then the option for its use will be one of the following: -
(a) Acquisition of land will be carried out as per the ideal rehabilitation policy under land acquisition act of the State Government.
(b) If landowner selects the option to give the right to use his land for the project to the developer then developer shall have to pay an annual rent of Rs . 5000/- per acre to the landowner. This rent will be increased @ 15% every three years. This arrangement will be in force for 30 years. The time-limit for land use right can be further increased with the approval from State Government subject to the developer following all terms and conditions of the MOU.
- Necessary approvals for the project from all departments will be accorded as per the provisions of the Chhattisgarh Industrial Investment Promotion act.
- Wind energy generating companies shall be also eligible for all the incentives for new industries, declared in the industrial policy of the Department of Industries of the Government of Chhattisgarh. Such firms will have to abide by the duties laid down in the industrial policy and in all the prevalent policies of the Government.
In the name and by the order of the Governor of Chhattisgarh
-Sd- (Anil Tuteja )
Dy . Secretary , Deptt . of Energy